View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 08:53 AM

Thumbs up The Physical Fulfillment Must Always Defer To The Spiritual Fulfillment!

Hi William,
Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!

I am curious, is this the same William with whom I engaged in a discussion a number of years ago on Lo Ammi Forum concerning divorce and remarriage?

I agree that the command to both men and women to be fruitful and multiply does precede the giving of the Law; even so, observant Jews do consider this mizwah to be a blessing incumbent upon themselves to fulfill.

The whole story of Tamar and the Sons of Judah shows the seriousness with which YAHWEH does take the issue of having children even if we learn this lesson through the custom of levirate marriage. This story is also prior to the giving of the Law.

If a penalty of death exists for those who refuse to raise up offspring for a dead brother, what penalty do you think must exist for the man who refuses to marry and raise up offspring for himself?

Do you not agree that the physical Law takes a back seat to the spiritual fulfillment of the Law? In other words, whenever there is conflict between the two, the spiritual fulfillment of the Law always has the right of way. The Law prohibits castration (see Leviticus 22:24); yet, according to Messiah Yahushua castration is permissible for the sake of Heaven. This shows that the spiritual fulfillment of the Law has precedence over the physical.

Thanking you in advance should you be moved to reply, I am,
Sincerely, Latuwr