Tzaddikim Discussion Forums
Tzaddikim

Go Back   Tzaddikim Discussion Forums > General Theology Forums > Open Theology Discussion

Old 12-17-2002, 09:39 PM

Question A theology question

Hello everyone. I've been away for a while, but I know you will welcome me back with open arms!

What exactly do you believe?...

Yeshua, the Son of YHWH- what is He? Is He divine? Do you believe that He is Elohim?

Matt
Old 12-19-2002, 01:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to damirati
Matthew 23,
Oh boy...you realized you're opening a Pandora's box here right? lol...
I have begun to hold beliefs more in line with Traditional Judaism. I believe Yeshua will be Messiah, but I do not believe Messiah is G-d. Therefore I do not believe Yeshua (or any man) can be G-d. As to why I hold this belief, it is simple. In researching Judaism, I have found that the idea that Messiah would be HaShem is unheard of. In reading Tanakh, I do not see HaShem saying He would become a man, and die to reconcile man to Himself. These ideas seemed rather pagan when I began to look at them objectively. I mean if someone from another country said...Well Rajeboki (fictional name) is G-d, and he must be sacrificed like in place of an animal so we can have a closer relationship with G-d. It would sound rather odd. In fact it sounds like something out of Greek mythology, or Mithras worship. In anycase, I see no scriptural (Tanakh) refrence to support such ac belief. In fact didn't HaShem say He is not a man, nor the son of man?
Shalom,
~Selah